The city of Thiers in central France has been affectionately referred to as the country's cutlery capital for over six centuries. So it comes as no surprise then that the world's most beautiful and expertly crafted cutlery would hail from this region.
When it comes to Andre Verdier cutlery, you can come to expect nothing less than perfection. Established in Celles sur Durolle, near Thiers, each piece of Andre Verdier cutlery has been carefully designed with a unique amalgamation of traditional know-how and innovative production techniques.
One look at this exquisite Oyster Shucking Set and the workmanship is clear. The French made wooden block and stainless steel
knife work together simply and efficiently, allowing you to savour the fruits of the
sea and protect your hands in the process.
To use, simply hook the wooden board over the edge of your table
or kitchen bench, place your oyster in the groove, and burrow the knife
in to the oyster’s “hinge”. Unlike conventional shucking methods, the ingenious addition of the wooden block allows you to work with the knife
from you, making your shucking experience a lot less intimidating, so you can dig in sooner.
Oyster Shucking Set features:
- Made in France.
- Stainless steel blade with tough plastic handle.
- Wooden block hooks on to the side of your kitchen bench, allowing you to shuck your oysters without injuring yourself.
- Simply place oyster in groove and use the knife to pry it open. The wooden block will keep the oyster in place while you work.
- Open wooden fender suits oyster shells of all sizes.
- Hand wash recommended.
- 15cm Oyster Knife
- Wooden Shucking Block – 11.5cm (l) x 7.5cm (w) x 4.5cm (h)
Colour: Speckled White