Welcome to the weird, wild and wide world of Areaware.
We say “wide” because Areaware make so many fascinating objects, we’re
not sure which category to place them in. This New York-based studio of
design aims to make your home objects as unusual as possible, while
still retaining their useful factor – and get a laugh or jolt of
surprise from you along the way.
iPhones have replaced so many home necessities…we don’t need kitchen
timers anymore. We don’t need a weather vane. And we don’t need
old-fashioned radios anymore, either.
But if you like a bit of nostalgia, then Areaware’s Radio Dock is for
you! Designed to look like an timer radio, all you need to do is
place your phone on the dock, run an old-school radio app, and you’ll
have an iconic item on your nightstand that’s also
functional. Plus, you can feed your charger
through the Radio Dock, so you can charge your iPhone while it’s
stationed on it.
Radio Dock For iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 features:
- Designed in the USA.
- Made from solid beechwood and brass.
- Resembles an old FM/AM radio when your iPhone 4 or iPhone 5 is docked.
- Recharging cable is able to be fed through the back of the dock, so your phone can charge while it operates on the dock.
- Your iPhone will require an old-fashioned radio app to get the best out of this nostalgic accessory.
- Presented in an Areaware box.
- Dock does not have built-in electronics or speakers.
- Please note: iPhone pictured is for illustrative purposes only and is not included, sorry!
Dimensions: 18 x 16.5 x 3cm.