Wonder, intrigue, curiosity and discovery – qualities that are so often missing from the world of kids toys!
That was before Authentic Models. They’re interested in appealing to the mind as well as to fun!
Jack Sparrow had a compass that didn’t point north…but you won’t have that problem, with the Junior Mariner's Compass. Whether you’re directing a galleon across the seas or directing your family’s car across the city (both equally as important tasks) you’ll stay the course with this authentic working compass. It's no "look but don't touch" model, so it can be played with to your child's content!
Also known as Seemans Kompass
in Germany or La Boussole
in France, mariner’s compasses have been in use since the 7th and 8th centuries. On the high seas, a compass was used in conjunction with a sextant and a chronometer to keep bearings. The Junior Navigator Compass is perfect for kids, being very lightweight and strung from a black chord so that it can be carried on every adventure.
Junior Mariner's Compass features:
- Suitable for children eight years of age and over.
- Chrome-look finish with metal hand.
- Strung from a black chord.
- Authentic working compass that's great for kid's playtime – no need to hide it in a display case.
- Presented in a gift box filled with compass-y facts!