It’s time to get back to nature, to rediscover your green thumb, to give
Mother Nature a high-five, with the sustainable range of gardening
products from Back to the Roots.
These greenies are all about growing and harvesting your own produce
within your home, wherever that might be – from a high-rise apartment
block to a traditional suburban home with a sprawling yard.
Back to the Roots' Water Garden is simply an awesome idea! It’s based on ancient Aztec plant-growing techniques, which also incorporated the raising of aquatic animals and therefore cut water use by 90%. Essentially combining a fish tank with a herb garden, the Water Garden creates a mini ecosystem: the plants you grow will clean the water, while the waste produced by the fish feeds the plants. Talk about the cycle of life!
Everything you need to start this fascinating tabletop garden is included – it even comes with some organic seeds! You will, however, have to find the perfect fish for this tank, such as the betta fish (also known as the Siamese Fighting Fish), some guppies, or some zebrafish. Happy aquaponic-ing!
Water Garden features:
- Designed and made in the USA.
- Acrylic base with plastic components.
- A self-cleaning fish tank that also grows plants! The Water Garden combines an 11 litre fish tank with a vegetable and herb-growing bed to create a closed-loop system that fits easily on any kitchen
- Fish waste feeds the plants, and the plants clean the water.
- Includes silent, submersible water pump and natural bacteria cultures.
- Includes organic wheatgrass and snow peas seeds to start you off.
- You can also grow herbs and leafy greens in your Water Garden.
- The Water Garden is not suitable for fish that are particularly sensitive to fluctuating ammonia and nitrite levels.For this reason, Back to the Roots recommends betta fish (Siamese Fighting Fish), zebra danios (zebrafish) and guppies as fish for your tank.
- Feed cap in lid allows you to feed fish without removing the lid.
- Also includes detailed instructions, fish food and gravel for the tank.
Dimensions: 31cm (w) x 30cm (h) x 20cm (d), 22cm wide at base.