It’s a big, wide world out there…and it was even more so in 1913, when Barr & Stroud began business in Glasgow. Their pioneering optical equipment allowed them to see the world differently – and now you can as well.
Barr & Stroud’s Sahara collection is perfect for the explorer at heart. With rubber-armoured bodies and rugged construction to protect them from shock, these binoculars are always ready for adventure. They’re also waterproof to one and a half metres, giving you plenty of time to retrieve them if you happen to drop them in water! The Sahara range’s waterproof nature also makes these binoculars suitable for use in just about any weather, even the middle of a storm.
Even in low light, these binoculars have what it takes to bring nature right up close, to a surprising distance of one meter. Their compact roof prisms are great at gathering light, resulting in clear, contrast-rich images perfect for birdwatchers and nature-lovers.
What are you waiting for? Nature is waiting – get out there, with a pair of binoculars that are just as adventurous as you are.
Sahara Binoculars feature:
- Rugged construction – a soft rubber coating makes these binoculars comfortable to hold and protects your binoculars from bumps and bruises.
- Roof prism design gathers light, for a bright, clear image even in low light conditions.
- Eight-times magnification, with an objective lens of 32mm.
- Waterproof to 1.5 metres for three minutes.
- Fully multi-coated high grade BAK-4 Prism lenses give you a sharp, clear and brighter image than other lenses.
- Suitable for use even in low light.
- Black eyecups protect your lenses when not in use.
- Rapid focus mechanism allows you to focus easily and quickly so you don’t miss a thing.
- Binoculars are filled with nitrogen gas, which keeps water out and prevents your binoculars from fogging up.
- Includes a handy carrying case, rain guards, lens caps and a lens cleaning cloth.
Dimensions: 12.8 x 13.3 x 4.9cm.