Since 1928, the general design of the umbrella – your sometimes not-so
faithful companion during unexpected downpours – hasn’t really changed
all that much. Come the wind and heavy rain, they’ll blow inside out
and, at best, keep your face dry.
But New Zealand design engineer Grieg Brebner has decided to change all
of that. The result of his hard work and flawless engineering and design
is known as the Blunt umbrella. And it might just be the best umbrella
First and foremost, Blunt umbrellas have lost the visible spokes of
their forefathers (those are hidden now), and rely on an advanced
Radical Tension System to keep them from flipping inside-out on windy
days. The high-tension canopy created by this system distributes air
over your umbrella so that it remains strong even in bad conditions, and
keeps your tension along your umbrella’s edge where it is needed most.
Say hello to your new favourite golf umbrella… The Golf G2 is Blunt’s
best-performance golfing umbrella, with a massive coverage to keep both
you and your gear dry. Specifically designed to go on your golf buggy,
it’s also accompanied by a stylish carry sleeve.
Golf G2 Umbrella features:
- Tough polyester canvas protects the umbrella's structure.
- RTS (Radical Tension System) redirects, transfers and
distributes the effort used in opening the umbrella throughout its
entire canopy surface.
- Double struts redirect, floating ribs transfer, and blunt tips all help distribute tension.
- Aerodynamic, tense canopy pushes air over the top of the umbrella and stops it from turning inside out.
- Spikes are hidden within their own pockets of the umbrella, and
open like fingers in a glove to create tension along the edges, where it
is needed most.
- Smooth opening operation and soft-grip handles.
- Includes a stylish carrying sleeve with a shoulder sling.
- Designed to attach to golf buggies.
- Velcro twist-around closure.
Diameter: 146cm (13360 cm² coverage).