Since 1928, the general design of the umbrella – your sometimes not-so faithful companion during unexpected downpours – hasn’t really changed all that much. Come the wind and heavy rain, they’ll blow inside out and, at best, keep your face dry.
But New Zealand design engineer Grieg Brebner has decided to change all of that. The result of his hard work and flawless engineering and design is known as the Blunt umbrella. And it might just be the best umbrella in existence.
Teaming up with New Zealand designer Karen Walker, who is known for her signature style where sweet meets eccentric, comes the Blunt Karen Walker Cosmos Umbrella. With all of the same features of the original Blunt umbrella – hidden spikes, a high-tension canopy and smooth-opening operation – this particular umbrella is decorated with Walker’s Cosmos design of orange stars against a navy background.
Able to withstand everything from windy thunderstorms to monsoon rains, you can stay dry and
on-trend with the Karen Walker Cosmos Umbrella.
Karen Walker Cosmos Lite 3 Umbrella features:
Designed in New Zealand in collaboration with Karen Walker.
- Tough polyester canvas protects the umbrella's structure.
- Improved lightweight and slimline design.
- RTS (Radical Tension System) redirects, transfers and
distributes the effort used in opening the umbrella throughout its
entire canopy surface.
- Double struts redirect, floating ribs transfer, and blunt tips all help distribute tension.
- Aerodynamic, tense canopy pushes air over the top of the umbrella and stops it from turning inside out.
- Spikes are hidden within their own pockets of the umbrella, and
open like fingers in a glove to create tension along the edges, where it
is needed most.
- Smooth opening operation and curved handle.
- Velcro twist-around closure.
- Presented in a Blunt gift tube.
- Limited edition release.