Since 1928, the general design of the umbrella – your sometimes not-so
faithful companion during unexpected downpours – hasn’t really changed
all that much. Come the wind and heavy rain, they’ll blow inside out
and, at best, keep your face dry.
But New Zealand design engineer Grieg Brebner has decided to change all
of that. The result of his hard work and flawless engineering and design
is known as the Blunt umbrella. And it might just be the best umbrella
First and foremost, Blunt umbrellas have lost the visible spokes of
their forefathers (those are hidden now), and rely on an advanced
Radical Tension System to keep them from flipping inside-out on windy
days. The high-tension canopy created by this system distributes air
over your umbrella so that it remains strong even in bad conditions, and
keeps your tension along your umbrella’s edge where it is needed most.
As its name suggests, Blunt's Lite 3 range of umbrellas is defined by
its lightweight and slimline design, making it the ideal accessory for
those on the go but don't want their umbrella weighing them down. It can
brave everything from windy thunderstorms to monsoon rains, and will
look fabulous while doing so!
Lite 3 Umbrella features:
- Tough polyester canvas protects the umbrella's structure.
- Improved lightweight and slimline design.
- RTS (Radical Tension System) redirects, transfers and
distributes the effort used in opening the umbrella throughout its
entire canopy surface.
- Double struts redirect, floating ribs transfer, and blunt tips all help distribute tension.
- Aerodynamic, tense canopy pushes air over the top of the umbrella and stops it from turning inside out.
- Spikes are hidden within their own pockets of the umbrella, and
open like fingers in a glove to create tension along the edges, where it
is needed most.
- Smooth opening operation and curved handle.
- Velcro twist-around closure.
- Presented in a Blunt gift tube.