If you haven’t heard of the Kumon method, now’s the time to prick up
your ears. The Kumon method, based on a logical, simple step-by-step
approach, started in Japan in 1958, to help children and teenagers
supplement their learning. Since then, the philosophy has grown, and the
Kumon workbooks have become a trusted way for children to build
their reasoning skills, pencil skills, and numeracy.
The Speed & Accuracy Math Workbooks have been created for children aged six and up, and aims to help them solve math problems efficiently and accurately. This book gradually grows more
difficult as your child progresses – but never too
Within the Addition version of these workbooks, children will learn simple addition, addition with carrying and mixed addition, and have the chance to record how long it takes for them to complete activities so that they can see improvement over time. By the time they’ve finish this book, your child will have mastered their skill completely – just as the Kumon method encourages.
Speed & Accuracy Math Workbook: Addition features:
- Suitable for children aged six and up, or children who can add numbers 1 through 9.
- Paperback, 62 pages.
- Children will learn how to add the numbers 1 through 9 with and without carrying. Mixed addition is also included.
- Step-by-step activities with space on each page to time how long it takes to complete each one.
- Focuses on one concept of addition at a time, so children grasp each one completely.
- Encourages children to work on their own.