Name the ultimate Australian food icon...
Could it be The Meat Pie? The Lamington? The Pavlova?
Think again. It’s Maggie Beer.
Since she established her famous Pheasant Farm in the Barossa in 1978, Maggie Beer and her husband have been producing beautiful gourmet delights for food-lovers across Australia to enjoy all year round. She’s won award after award, including “Senior Australian of the Year” in 2010 and she’s all over the television promoting the value of cooking with seasonal produce.
But her absolute favourite ingredient that she’s single-handedly brought back into homes throughout Australia is… Verjuice.
Made from unfermented, early-season Barossa grapes, Maggie’s Verjuice is great for adding a sharp kick to the food you cook, brightening it without masking its flavours.
Used just like vinegar or white wine in cooking, it works beautifully with lemon juice and olive oil to make a simple vinaigrette, or it can be added to your favourite sauces, risottos or glazes to create a truly unique flavour.
In Maggie’s Verjuice Cookbook, Maggie shares a collection of recipes using her beloved verjuice. Learn how to get the most out of the flavours in your food, making your way through a Lentil Salad, a Pumpkin and Leek Frittata and Lamb Shanks with Dried Apricots, Green Peppercorns and Preserved Lemon.
Simply delicious recipes, made even more delicious with the help of Verjuice… and Maggie Beer.
- Paperback - 201 pages.
- Maggie’s Verjuice Cookbook features a collection of recipes incorporating the use of verjuice.
- Verjuice is the juice made out of early-season grapes and brings a gentle, bright flavour to foods – can be used in place of lemon juice of vinegar.
- Includes an Introduction, a Beginning, Middle and End section as well as a Basics chapter.
- Includes over 100 recipes.
- In the book, Maggie explains how to make your own verjuice.
- Includes a full-index.
- Features beautiful colour photography throughout.
Dimensions: 22 x 28 x 2cm.