Hoarders of uncommon objects, lovers of bygone eras and enthusiasts of the antique…we have found the perfectly imperfect
interior design book for you.
As the title suggests, Perfect Imperfect: the Beauty of Accident, Age and Patina
rejects the notion of high-street living, incredibly expensive custom-made objects, and picture-perfect living spaces. There is something grungy and lived-in about the spaces Karen McCartney is here to show you – and they all manage to draw beauty from places that others may call “ugly”.
Taking its founding beliefs from the Japanese concept of wabi-sabi
– the beauty to be found within imperfection – Perfect Imperfect
still manages to embrace 21st century living, incorporating new technologies amongst offbeat furnishings and unfamiliar décor. Beautifully photographed, this book will teach you the true meaning of originality when it comes to making your home a glorious, artful mess that you’ll love to exist within.
Perfect Imperfect: the Beauty of Accident, Age and Patina features:
- Hardcover, 287 pages.
- Thought-provoking text and stunning visuals focus on the beauty of aged and unexpected objects.
- A celebration of accident, collection, hesitation, reuse, re-imagining and true originality.
- A look at the styled homes of curators, artists and more.
- Full of inspiration for lovers of antique objects, upcycled crafts and more.
Dimensions: 23cm (w) x 30.5cm (h).