“Philippa is an artist…she is truly creative and original but still manages to make food that you want to eat.”
Perhaps the most apt title release at Philippa Sibley’s name, New Classics
puts a spin on the French and Italian dishes we all know and love: risotto, arancini, steak tartare, gnocchi, cassoulet, and more. Modernising these dishes for today’s food lovers, Philippa manages to retrain flavour, texture, and quality ingredients in order to keep these classic dishes…classic.
There’s an emphasis on the building blocks of cooking within New Classics;
we’re taught how to use herbs, select particular vegetables, create our own stock, sauces and pastries in order to get the very best out of Philippa’s dishes. Creative yet original, there’s a fantastic range of dishes here, from starters right through to desserts, with careful step-by-step instructions that just about anyone can follow. Hearty meat dishes, fragrant salads, gorgeous pasta dishes (including a classy macaroni-cheese), and intriguing desserts such as honey and cognac cacconade, quince, cashew praline and pear sorbet.
This is an invaluable cookbook for any kitchen – and if it’s the future of “classic food”, then that future is looking delicious.
Philippa Sibley's New Classics features:
- Hardcover, 271 pages.
- Modern twists on classic French and Italian dishes.
- Recipes for food basics, including home-made stocks, sauces, pastries and more.
- Starters, soups, mains, pastas, large and small plate compositions, desserts and more.
- Excellent step-by-step instructions that make these dishes easy to follow.
- Full index and colour photography.
Dimensions: 23 x 28cm.