The folks at Catskill are seriously environmentally friendly.
When they make their astoundingly tough cutting boards and kitchen islands, they ensure the wood they use is harvested from a non-endangered, self-sustaining source, and they also make sure no waste products are left over from the manufacturing process. Absolutely everything is recycled (even the sawdust) to create wooden fuel beads that the locals use to heat their homes in winter.
After all, if you worked within the natural beauty of the Catskill Mountains, you’d want to keep the land looking beautiful, wouldn’t you?
Here’s another thing of beauty: the Empire Work Centre. Made in the USA from sustainably harvested hardwood, this kitchen island includes a butcher block top (so that you can chop straight in to the bench), locking cabinets, an adjustable interior shelf, extension drawers and leaf glides, and more. It’s perfect for giving yourself some extra room to work with in the kitchen, and is sure to be a part of your home for decades to come.
Empire Work Centre features:
- Made in the USA.
- Made from sustainably sourced hardwood and nickel plated hardware.
- Solid wood doors, drawer, braces, pull out leaves, tabletop and legs.
- Warp-resistant hardwood veneer side panels, back panel and internal shelves.
- Oiled finish.
- Butcher block top.
- Two pull out leaves, with butcher block surface.
- Cabinet doors open from both sides of the unit.
- Adjustable interior shelf.
- Drawer and pull out leaf handles double as a towel bar.
- Locking casters.
- Requires assembly.
- This product is not available online. It may be purchased from
our Kensington store or Alexandria Weekend Warehouse – or, if you live
in the metropolitan Sydney area, call us on (02) 9662 1099 for a postage
Overall Assembled Dimensions: 208cm (w) x 66cm (d) x 91.5cm (h), approximately.