The folks at Catskill are seriously environmentally friendly. When they make their astoundingly tough cutting boards, they ensure the wood they use is harvested from a non-endangered, self-sustaining source, and they also make sure no waste products are left over from the manufacturing process. Absolutely everything is recycled – even the sawdust – to create wooden fuel beads that the locals use to heat their homes in winter.
green thinking in action!
Catskill Cutting Boards are friendly to more than just the environment, though. They’re also friendly to your knives! Wood doesn’t dull your blades, which is why all the best chopping boards are made from wood. If you’re serious about cooking, you’ll want to look after your knives…make sure your kitchen’s got a Catskill Cutting Board!
The only way to make perfect pastry and perfect pies is to practice at it for years and years right?
Of course not! With the Catskill Perfect Pastry Board you’ll have everything you need. This fantastic board has the same quality and durability of all Catskill boards, but it’s also etched with templates for different pie and tart sizes, metric and imperial ruler measurements around the edge and even a pastry recipe. Perfect!
Perfect Pastry Board features:
Additional Care and Cleaning:
- Made in America from birchwood, responsibly harvested from a non-endangered, self-sustaining source.
- Oil finish makes Catskill Cutting Boards easy to care for.
- Requires occasional oiling to maintain its appearance.
- Decorated with a recipe for plain pastry, plus four circle templates for perfectly sized pies and tarts, and metric and imperial ruler measurements around the edge.
- Reverse side of board is plain, with a juice groove around the edge for catching liquid.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth and a little water.
- Due to the natural antibacterial properties of wood, your
Catskill chopping board only requires a quick wipe-down with a damp
cloth, dish soap and water. Allow to air dry.
- It is not recommended that you fully submerge your Catskill
board in water, as this may cause the wood to warp and crack once it
- It is recommended that you treat your board with
specially-designed cream or oil every so often, in order to keep it
looking its best.
Dimensions: 56 x 41 x 2cm.