Professionals in the hospitality industry will already know the difference between Asian and western knives – but for those new to the scene, here’s a quick explanation. Asian knives are often made from a harder steel, and they are also often made with only one “cutting side”, which provides an extremely sharp blade. To keep such knives in top-notch condition, you need a particular knife sharpener – such as Chef’s Choice’s Diamond Sharpener 316 for Asian Knives.
This electric sharpener produces razor-sharp edges on thin blades using just two stages: one for honing, using a fine 100% diamond abrasive, and another for polishing, again using an ultra-fine 100% diamond abrasive. The precision guides within this sharpener sharpen at 15°, and can even be used to create the Asian edge on thin European or American knives.
Perfect for beginners (who need some help), pros (who don’t want to spend time sharpening their collection of knives), and for the perfect knife edge every time, this is a specialised sharpener that you cannot pass up.
Electric Diamond Sharpener 316 for Asian Knives features:
- Assembled in the USA.
- Solid plastic housing with gloss finish and on/off switch.
- Produces factory-sharp edges on Asian style steel knives.
- Two stage sharpening for stronger edges and faster results. Stage 1 (honing) uses fine 100% diamond abrasive discs, while stage 2 (polishing) uses ultra-fine 100% diamond abrasive discs.
- Knives hold their edge longer after being sharpened with these diamond discs.
- Precision guides sharpen at 15°.
- For single or double faceted blades.
- Can create an Asian edge on thin European or American style blades.
Dimensions: 21cm (l) x 11cm (h) x 11cm (w).