The Cubebot is the Rubik Cube of robots. He arrives in your hands as a cube and, with a little patience (and a little dexterity) he transforms into a robot - just not the kind you'd expect!
We all know that robots run on batteries and are made from imposing metal...but not Areaware's Cubebot! He doesn't need oiling or recharging, and won't go all Terminator on you. In fact, he's pretty chilled out. He can hold hundreds of poses, and when playtime is over you can fold him up into a cube once more.
Areaware and the David Weeks Design studio based the design of the Cubebot on Japanese Shinto Kumi-ki puzzles, which were essentially wooden interlocking puzzles. Made from natural beechwood, the Cubebot is a twist on the classic toy robot, and fuses together ancient Japanese traditions with modern toy art.
The Cubebot is pretty awesome!
Medium Natural Beechwood Cubebot features:
- Recommended for children aged three years and older.
- Not suitable for children under the age of three.
- Designed by US designer David Weeks.
- Made from natural beechwood.
- Foldable wooden robot folds out of and in to a cube.
- Holds hundreds of poses.
- Presented in a Cubebot gift box.
Assembled Height: 24cm (approximately).