If your child appreciates The Discovery Channel more than Cartoon Network, then they’ll probably appreciate toys that feed their curiosity for the world around them, rather than the latest action hero toy!
Discovery Kids is all for kids who love the earth and its sciences; kids who will grow up to be astronomers and explorers, perhaps?
Did you know that the constellations have shifted position over thousands of years? Kids can discover this and other cosmos facts for themselves with the Planetarium: a globe that projects the night sky onto the ceiling to show children how celestial bodies move through the night sky. Even better, kids will be accompanied by a commentary CyberSky CD, which features a commentary on the planets as well as details about stars, planets and other phenomenon, or they can simply highlight particular stars with a light pointer. Full of magic and wonder, the Planetarium also includes details maps of the night sky as it would have appeared from 15,000 BC to 15,000 AD.
- Recommended for ages 8 and up.
- Globe projects the night sky onto the ceiling.
- Globe sits on a stand with rotation, sound and light functions.
- Learn all about stars, constellations and planets with the CyberSky CD, packed with maps, images, vectors, cross-sections, paths of celestial bodies and much, much more.
- Includes a light pointer to assist in pointing out certain stars in the projection.
- Requires 6 x AA batteries (not included).
Dimensions: 25cm (l) x 16cm (h) x 22cm(w).