For a wallet so mighty, the Mighty Wallet sure did have humble beginnings…
Struggling New York-based artist Terrence Kellemen invested a lot of
time and a lot of money in his dreams, after a somewhat lacklustre art
exhibition showed that he was more inclined toward design.
Now, Dynomighty focus on Terrence’s 2005 creation: the Mighty Wallet.
Made entirely out of a folded sheet of Tyvek – an incredibly strong,
high-density polyethylene fibre – it feels like paper, but is much, much
stronger. In fact, it adjusts automatically to hold everything you
need: eight cards in each pocket, fifteen business cards in to each
outside pocket, and twenty bills in to each pocket.
The Mighty Wallet’s unique material is even able to resist punctures,
tears and moisture, meaning that it can work alongside you for years. On
top of all this, there’s the huge array of designs available, with many
having been designed by independent artists.
Oh, and the Museum of Modern Art are big fans of this wallet. Go figure.
The Underground Mighty Wallet features:
- Designed in New York City.
- Made from a single sheet of Tyvek, a high-density polyethylene
fibre woven in to random patterns to create a very strong material.
- Made with 25% recycled materials, and is 100% recyclable.
- Resistant to punctures, tears and moisture.
- A lack of stitches makes the Mighty Wallet expandable.
- Holds 8 cards in each pocket, 15 business cards in each outside pocket, and 20 bills in each bill pocket.
- Designed to patina with age, like leather.
- Can be cleaned with mild soap and warm water.
Dimensions: 10 x 8.5cm.