It is a very rare thing indeed that a style icon born in the 1800s continues to inspire, fascinate and gather fans to this very day.
Such is the case of Florence Broadhurst – the Australian entrepreneur who re-drew and coloured Australia, bringing home patterns and palettes from her travels to inspire fashion-forward interior design. Her beautiful artwork, transformed in to hand-printed wallpapers, was always dynamic and diverse.
But upon her death at age 79, Florence’s work disappeared… Now, it’s enjoying a resurgence not just in Australia, but around the world. It’s art and design so beautiful, even the creative director of international brand Kate Spade called it “ground-breaking and sensational.” And now, part of it can be yours, with the Florence Broadhurst collection of luggage.
The Spanish Honeycomb collection embodies the versatility and intricate pattern-work that has come to define Florence Broadhurst's signature style. Made from durable polyester, with an adjustable shoulder strap, this stylish Beauty Bag can cater to the needs of the organised modern traveller. This chic case boasts a large storage capacity, an internal zippered pouch, elastic straps to hold on to bottles of perfume or shampoo, plus a mirror on the underside of the lid. You can even use the velcro strap on the back to slip the case over your suitcase trolley handles!
Spanish Honeycomb Beauty Case features:
- Designed in Australia.
- Printed pattern is based on the archived prints of Australian design legend, Florence Broadhurst.
- Faux leather trim.
- Made from polyester, and lined in honeycomb polyester.
- Main compartment with a zipper closure.
- Main compartment, with 9 elastic loops for bottles and a mirror on the underside of the lid.
- Top haul handle and adjustable, padded shoulder strap.
- Zippered pouch unbuttons from inside of beauty case, to be used as a smaller makeup pouch.
- Wipe-clean internal base.
Design: Spanish Honeycomb.
Dimensions: 30cm (w) x 21cm (h) x 20cm (d).