It is a very rare thing indeed that a style icon born in the 1800s
continues to inspire, fascinate and gather fans to this very day.
Who is Florence Broadhurst? Or in this case, it may be more appropriate to act who was
Florence Broadhurst. She was a risk taker, a singer, a teacher, an
entrepreneur, a figurehead of society, a landscape painter… And she also
re-drew and coloured Australia, bringing home patterns and palettes
from every corner of the globe she had visited. Her designs, transformed
in to hand-printed wallpapers, were always dynamic and diverse.
But upon her death at age 79, Florence’s work disappeared…until Sydney’s
Signature Prints and Signature Design Archive decided to bring her art
to the international stage once again. It’s art and design so beautiful,
even the creative director of international brand Kate Spade called it
“ground-breaking and sensational.” And now, part of it can be yours,
with this beautiful collection of Florence Broadhurst bed linen.
Reversible Spring Floral and Antique Lattice patterns in white and cherry red appear together here to create a quilt cover set that
is as striking as it is luxurious. The 100% cotton sateen weave and
pearlescent trim of this set creates a sumptuous and unique
finish, true to Florence’s flair for style and design intrigue.
Spring Floral Queen Quilt Cover Set features:
- Designed in Australia.
- Based on the archived works of Australian design legend, Florence Broadhurst.
- Made from 100% cotton sateen with a 400 thread count.
- Luxurious pearlescent cotton trimmings.
- A reversible contrasting patterns of Spring Floral and Antique Lattice.
- Cold gentle machine wash recommended.
- Queen Quilt Cover – 210 x 210cm.
- 2 x Pillowcases – 48 x 74cm.