Lady Gaga might be doing a good job at bringing pop art back to the scene (did it ever really leave?), but don’t forget who really started it all…
Andy Warhol. As the man behind such artworks as “Campbell’s Soup Cans”, “Eight Elvises” and “Marilyn Diptych”, he had an obsession with colour, pattern, and the relationship between consumer and celebrity. He was quoted as once saying “art is what you can get away with”
– you’ll know a Warhol when you see one.
Now, thanks to Galison’s flair for funky stationery, Warhol’s greatest artworks will no longer be out of your reach – and with Galison’s The World of Warhol
, you may even start to think like him!
This activity journal acts as your portal of inspiration for drawing, creating and exploring the artistic mind. You’ll design shoes based on Warhol’s sketches, draw your own personality-filled cats, learn to draw a can of soup, customise ice cream and much more. Keep track of your favourite art spots, jot down your places of inspiration…or just take in Warhol’s legacy of zany art.
The World of Andy Warhol Activity Journal features:
- Designed in the USA.
- Paperback journal filled with details of Andy Warhol's art.
- Packed with activities to inspire you and get your artistic mind jogging.
- Includes activities such as drawing a Campbell's soup can, word association games, designing shoes and patterns, creating Warhol-esque philosophies, and more.
- Features quotes, sketches and more, from archives of Warhol's works.
Dimensions: 18 x 22.5cm.