Some people believe that to play chess well you must be ruthless. Others believe that chess is pure mental torture. Some even say that chess is a metaphor for life.
For what is one of the most refined, intellectual games ever invented, the game of chess ignites some powerful opinions.
But one thing is certain - the game itself sure is beautiful. Elaborately carved pieces take their place on a checked board, and it stands to reason that the more luxurious the materials from which they are fashioned, the better your game will be, no?
Italfama thinks so. Which is why they create chess boards that even Kasparov himself would approve of. Handmade from a combination of Walnut, Maple and Rosewood, each of their elegant sets has a wonderful weight and beauty that you won’t find anywhere else, resulting in a board which will become a much loved feature of your home.
Simply put, they are a joy to play with – making each victory that little bit sweeter and maybe even helping to soften the blow of your (surely very rare) defeats.
- Designed in Tuscany.
- Hand crafted and inlaid with Walnut, Maple and Rosewood.
- Lightly magnetised, giving each piece and movement greater stability and conviction.
- Versatile – this board transforms so that you can use it to play chess, backgammon and even checkers.
- Top surface of the board flips over to reveal the backgammon design.
- Equipped with wooden chess pieces, backgammon pieces which double as checker pieces, and five wooden die with golden-coloured numbers inscribed.
- Wooden playing surface flips over to reveal the backgammon design on one side and the chess/checkers design on the other.
- Beautifully presented in an Italfama box.
Dimensions: 37 x 37 x 6cm.