Some people believe that to play chess well you must be ruthless. Others believe that chess is pure mental torture. Some even say that chess is a metaphor for life.
For what is one of the most refined, intellectual games ever invented, the game of chess ignites some powerful opinions.
But one thing is certain - the game itself sure is beautiful. Elaborately carved pieces take their place on a checked board, and it stands to reason that the more luxurious the materials from which they are fashioned, the better your game will be, no?
Italfama thinks so. Which is why they create chess boards that even Kasparov himself would approve of. Hand carved from wood in Tuscany, Italy, each of their elegant sets has a wonderful weight and beauty that you won’t find anywhere else, resulting in a board which will become a much loved feature of your home.
Simply put, they are a joy to play with – making each victory that little bit sweeter and maybe even helping to soften the blow of your (surely very rare) defeats.
- Designed in Tuscany.
- Hand crafted from inlaid wood.
- Includes wooden chess pieces.
- Lightly magnetised, giving each piece and movement greater stability and conviction.
- Top surface of the board lifts up to reveal the pieces, each stored securely inside green felt.
- Beautifully presented in an Italfama box.
Dimensions: 37 x 37 x 6cm.