When you look at a chopping board, it’s not often that you think much on it. A chopping board is, after all, an everyday item that requires little thought…unless you’re J.K Adams.
For this Vermont-based hardwood crafting company, their chopping boards, bowls, utensils, and even wine and knife racks are created with the modern, creative cook in mind. Their handcrafted goods are also made in America from North American-sourced wood; their factory is fuelled by their own wood scraps; and even their sawdust is shipped to farmers to use as animal beds.
But not only is a J.K Adams product ethical, it’s also built to last. Solid hardwood crafted by hand sets the scene for sustainable and timeless pieces that are able to be utilised in many ways. The Alder Wood Pizza Peel, for example, can be used in both conventional and wood fired brick ovens; with bread and also with pizza. It also doubles as a work surface while you're kneading dough.
When a company is proud of its products, it shows!
Alder Wood Pizza Peel features:
- Made in Vermont, USA.
- Hand-crafted from alder wood.
- Able to be used in both conventional and wood fired brick ovens.
- Thin edge makes it easy to slide your pizza in and out of the oven.
- Wooden chopping boards and pizza peels contain natural antibacterial properties.
- To clean, simply wipe over with warm water and leave to dry.
Dimensions: 60 x 35cm.