“Many people ask me what my most used item in the kitchen is. My answer is always the same – the Wok – simply because that's really all you need,” says Ken Hom, master of Asian cooking.
Ken Hom is a celebrated American chef and television-show presenter on the BBC, and when it comes to woks he knows a thing or two! Surprisingly, woks are hugely versatile pieces of cookware; suitable for stir frying, steaming, pan frying, deep frying, poaching, boiling, braising, searing, making soup and more.
Ken makes his Performance woks from carbon steel, which means they are all the more versatile: carbon steel is a material with outstanding heat conduction, able to generate high heat for high speed cooking – an essential part of stir frying.
Better still, these Performance woks become non-stick naturally through a process known as seasoning, and each wok is created with a flat base that allows it to sit on any cook top, including induction, while the handsome wooden handles are resistant to high temperatures in the kitchen. Wok on!
Carbon Steel Wok features:
- Made from efficient carbon steel.
- Outstanding heat conduction.
- Able to generate high heat for high speed cooking – an essential part of stir frying.
- Heat-resistant beech wood handles.
- Suitable for ceramic, electric, gas, halogen, sealed and induction cook tops.
- Includes instructions for creating a 100% natural non-stick coating over time.
- Metal utensil suitable.
- Hand wash recommended.