Although the snow-swept northern reaches of Sweden can be bitter-cold, the furnaces of Kosta Boda burn molten-hot – and from their fires emerge some of the most iconic, artistic and functional glassware in the world.
Since 1742, Kosta Boda has been crafting glassware that is wonderfully poetic and filled with passion. Whether it’s high-quality glassware from which you can eat or drink, or glass art that is simply kept aside to admire, every piece has a story to tell.
Designed by artist Sara Woodrow, Beautiful Storm reminds us to remain calm when we are faced with tempestuous moments in life. With hand-painted, bold brushstrokes on thick glass that depict an elegant woman walking into a storm - her head held high and her lustrous black hair flowing wildly in the breeze - with her umbrella poised above her head. The contrasting tones of black and turquoise, and expressive paint drips, also offer a dramatic touch to the piece.
Beautiful Storm features:
- Designed in Sweden by Kosta Boda artist Sara Woodrow.
- Made from thick glass with a textured underside.
- Hand-painted portrait of the outline of a stylish woman walking into a storm with her umbrella.
- Glass portrait sits inside a smooth wooden stand.
- Presented in a Kosta Boda gift box.
Design: Beautiful Storm.
Portrait Dimensions: 19.5cm (w) x 1.5cm (d).
Stand Dimensions: 13cm (w) x 7.5cm (h) x 7.5cm (d).