Although the snow-swept northern reaches of Sweden can be bitter-cold, the furnaces of Kosta Boda burn molten-hot –
and from their fires emerge some of the most iconic, artistic and functional glassware in the world.
Since 1742, Kosta Boda has been crafting glassware that is wonderfully
poetic and filled with passion. Whether it’s high-quality glassware from
which you can eat or drink, or glass art that is simply kept aside to
admire, every piece has a story to
Designed by artist Sara Woodrow, Elegant Storm is a reminder for us to remain calm when we are faced with tempestuous moments in life. The hand-painted, bold brush-strokes on thick glass that depict a fashionable woman walking into a storm, her head held high as her lustrous black poncho swirls around her. Finally, the contrasting tones of black and pink, combined with an expressive painting technique, offer a dramatic finishing.
Elegant Storm features:
- Designed in Sweden by Kosta Boda artist Sara Woodrow.
- Made from thick glass with a textured underside.
- Hand-painted portrait of a fashionable woman walking into a storm, wearing a poncho.
- Glass portrait sits inside a smooth wooden stand.
- Presented in a Kosta Boda gift box.
Portrait Dimensions: 19.5cm (w) x 1.5cm (d).
Stand Dimensions: 13cm (w) x 7.5cm (h) x 7.5cm (d).