Although the snow-swept northern reaches of Sweden can be bitter-cold, the furnaces of Kosta Boda burn molten-hot – and from their fires emerge some of the most iconic, artistic and functional glassware in the world.
Since 1742, Kosta Boda has been crafting glassware that is wonderfully poetic and filled with passion. Whether it’s high-quality glassware from which you can eat or drink, or glass art that is simply kept aside to admire, every piece has a story to tell.
Designed by artist Sara Woodrow, Lady Dress is inspired by women in Woodrow's own life. With hand-painted, bold brushstrokes on thick glass that depict the outline of a woman's dress, the artwork features splatters of pink to symbolise femininity and tenderness. Meanwhile, you will find a heart painted on the woman's chest, which is a metaphor for the beauty inside us all.
Lady Dress features:
- Designed in Sweden by Kosta Boda artist Sara Woodrow.
- Made from thick glass with a textured underside.
- Hand-painted portrait of the outline of a woman's dress with splashes of pink.
- Glass portrait sits inside a smooth wooden stand.
- Presented in a Kosta Boda gift box.
Design: Lady Dress.
Portrait Dimensions: 19.5cm (w) x 1.5cm (d).
Stand Dimensions: 13cm (w) x 7.5cm (h) x 7.5cm (d).