Although the snow-swept northern reaches of Sweden can be bitter-cold, the furnaces of Kosta Boda burn molten-hot – and from their fires emerge some of the most iconic, artistic and functional glassware in the world.
Since 1742, Kosta Boda has been crafting glassware that is wonderfully poetic and filled with passion. Whether it’s high-quality glassware from which you can eat or drink, or glass art that is simply kept aside to admire, every piece has a story to tell.
Designed by artist Sara Woodrow, Lady Hat is inspired by women in Woodrow's own life. With hand-painted, bold brushstrokes on thick glass that depict the outline of a woman peering downward, the artwork features splatters of pink on the mysterious woman's hat to symbolise femininity and tenderness. Meanwhile, you will find a heart painted on the woman's cheek, which is a metaphor for the beauty inside us all.
Lady Hat features:
- Designed in Sweden by Kosta Boda artist Sara Woodrow.
- Made from thick glass with a textured underside.
- Hand-painted portrait of the of a woman, wearing a pink hat with a heart on her cheek.
- Glass portrait sits inside a smooth wooden stand.
- Presented in a Kosta Boda gift box.
Portrait Dimensions: 19.5cm (w) x 1.5cm (d).
Stand Dimensions: 13cm (w) x 7.5cm (h) x 7.5cm (d).