Although the snow-swept northern reaches of Sweden can be bitter-cold, the furnaces of Kosta Boda burn molten-hot – and from their fires emerge some of the most iconic, artistic and functional glassware in the world.
Since 1742, Kosta Boda has been crafting glassware that is wonderfully poetic and filled with passion. Whether it’s high-quality glassware from which you can eat or drink, or glass art that is simply kept aside to admire, every piece has a story to tell.
Designed by artist Sara Woodrow, Beautiful Storm reminds us to remain calm when we are faced with tempestuous moments in life. With hand-painted, bold brushstrokes on thick glass that depict an elegant woman, dressed in a red trench coat and a pair of stiletto heels, bending down, as her lustrous black hair flows wildly in the breeze. The contrasting tones of black and red, and expressive paint drips, also offer a dramatic finishing touch.
Perfect Storm features:
- Designed in Sweden by Kosta Boda artist Sara Woodrow.
- Made from thick glass with a textured underside.
- Hand-painted portrait of the outline of a stylish woman bending down in a red coat, with her black hair flowing in the wind.
- Glass portrait sits inside a smooth wooden stand.
- Presented in a Kosta Boda gift box.
Design: Perfect Storm.
Portrait Dimensions: 19.5cm (w) x 1.5cm (d).
Stand Dimensions: 13cm (w) x 7.5cm (h) x 7.5cm (d).