If you were to create your own range of cutting boards, how would you decide on the wood to be used?
For Larchwood Enterprises, the choice was simple: they turned to an
abundant, local tree East Canadian Larch. Traditionally, larch has been
used for ship-building – and you know that wood has got
to be tough for that!
The wood of the larch tree provides a beautiful material for Larchwood’s
local craftsmen to work with, and is renowned for its rot resistance,
strength, and ability to neutralise bacteria. In essence, larch has all
the characteristics needed for a superior cutting surface.
Specialising in end grain creations, Larchwood cutting boards are kind
to your knives and make a stunning addition to your kitchen. Not only do
the prominent rings within the grain make these boards stand out from
the rest, but they also help the board “heal” as you cut against it, for
an extremely hard-wearing and long-lasting board.
Truly heirloom, both professional and aspiring chefs will fall in love with Larchwood’s range of boards.
End Grain Chef's Block features:
- Handmade in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Crafted from East Canadian larch wood.
- Resistant to rot, extremely strong and naturally anti-bacterial.
- End-grain cutting board is kind on your knives, and due to the alignment of the wood grains, promotes “self-healing”.
- To maintain your board, it is recommended that you regularly treat it with mineral oil or board cream.
- Non-slip feet on underside of board prevent slipping while cutting.
- Hand wash recommended.
Dimensions: 41 x 7cm.