Some of the most dapper gentlemen in history, you’ll find, have been known to sport le noeud papillon
– ‘the knot of the butterfly’, as the French call it.
With its upper class French roots that date back to the 17th Century, it’s no wonder that the bow tie came to signify the distinguished man. Beginning its life as the cravat, the bow tie eventually formed in to the accessory that we know it today. There’s certainly an art to tying them, and there’s also an art to creating them…
Le Noeud Papillon of Sydney do just that: create bow ties for discerning men and women from silk woven in the Como region of Italy. Some of their exclusive designs cannot be found anywhere else in the world, so you know that what you’re wearing is of the finest quality, not to mention handled by expert tailors.
So for an added sense of finesse, no matter the occasion, look to the silk creations of these this talented Sydney name.
William B Mogador Silk Bow Tie features:
- Tailored in Sydney from Italian mogador silk.
- Mogador silk is quite rare and among the finest silks around.
- Fixed length, tie your own style.
- Modified butterfly shape exclusive to Le Noeud Papillon.
- Includes instructions on a common way to tie a bow tie.
- One size fits most; will fit necks between 35cm and 51cm.
- Presented in a Le Noeud Papillon gift box.