Whether your wanderlust takes you far from the beaten track or in search of the best watering hole your worldwide adventures wouldn’t be complete without a Lonely Planet in tow.
Every edition is packed with maps, phrase guides, places to go, things to do and more. With countless hours of research on tourist favourites and well-kept secrets, hundreds of recommendations on places to go, sights to see, things to do and where to shop, eat and sleep, there is no other guide as comprehensive with as much expert knowledge as Lonely Planet books.
As Lonely Planet writer Damien Harper describes it, China is a tantalising collage of smoky monasteries, pulsing cities, sleeping villages, mountain glaciers, desert forts and shimmering skyscrapers with diversity second to none.
Yangshuo’s mammoth Moon Hill stone arch attracts rock climbers from all over the world here, making the region the most popular climbing destination in Asia. If you prefer your feet to be planted on the ground but still up for an adventure, many sectors of the Great Wall are less accessible – offering wild and challenging hikes for those more adventurous. Finally, when your stomach is grumbling, feast in any of Hong Kong’s inexpensive dumpling restaurants, or try peking duck, hotpot or noodles in Beijing.
Whatever your globe-trotting style, build your itinerary with Lonely Planet. Your next grand adventure to China awaits.
Lonely Planet China features:
- 14th edition, paperback– 1055 pages.
- Includes a detailed, pull-out map of Beijing.
- Clear, easy-to-use maps and helpful illustrations throughout including a notes page at the back and special features on cruising the Yangzi River, The Bund and Forbidden City
- Comprehensive planning tools including a Survival Guide section with A-Z directory, transport, health, language, weather and map legend guides.
- Inspiring, full-colour photography throughout.
- Eat and drink like a local guide.
- Written by thirteen expert authors.
- Month by month “What’s On” calendar bursting with events and activities to suit every travelling style.
Dimensions: 13cm (w) x 20cm (h) x 4cm (d)