Whether your wanderlust takes you far from the beaten track or in search of the best watering hole your worldwide adventures wouldn’t be complete without a Lonely Planet in tow.
Every edition is packed with maps, phrase guides, places to go, things to do and more. With countless hours of research on tourist favourites and well-kept secrets, hundreds of recommendations on places to go, sights to see, and where to find the best shopping, food and hotels, there is no other guide as comprehensive with as much expert knowledge as Lonely Planet books.
No itinerary to France would be complete without a visit to Paris, the nation’s capital so famous it needs no introduction. Aside from visiting the well known historical monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, Louvre or the Notre Dame, head over in July to watch the sky light up with fireworks over the Champs de Mars to celebrate Bastille Day. You might even spoil yourself on a show under the world’s most famous windmill at the Moulin Rouge. Better yet, why not grab a few prize winning croissants from the Laurent Duchene bakery (boulangerie if you want to be très fancy) in Montmartre and enjoy them by the banks of the Seine River? When it’s time for something sweet, venture into any of the city’s creperies for steaming hot crepes slathered in Nutella or butter, oui oui oui.
Whatever your sightseeing style, build your itinerary with Lonely Planet. Your next adventure to Paris awaits.
Lonely Planet Paris features:
- 10th paperback edition – 432 pages.
- Includes a detailed, pull-out map of Paris.
- Clear, easy-to-use maps and helpful illustrations throughout, including a 3D guide to the Louvre and a detailed Notre Dame guide.
- Comprehensive planning tools, including a Survival Guide section with A-Z directory, transport, health, language and map legend guides.
- Inspiring, full-colour photography throughout.
- Eat and drink like a local guide.
- Written by three expert authors.
- Month by month “What’s On” calendar bursting with events and activities to suit every travelling style.
Dimensions: 13cm (w) x 20cm (h) x 3cm (d)