The World’s Great Wonders
. It’s a book with contents so fascinating, that this writer sat and stared at it for far too long before remembering that it actually had to be written about!
A glance at The World’s Great Wonder
’s cover suggests that it will cover the Seven Wonders of the World – but it explores more than just seven. In fact, this fascinating book looks at both natural and man-made wonders to cover some of the most awe-inspiring places on the planet.
You won’t find anything terribly modern in this book, the Eiffel Tower withstanding. Many of the places that The World’s Great Wonders
are ancient or date back to antiquity; from the timelessness of the Aurora Borealis to the mystery of Stonehenge and the Nazca Lines.
Beautifully photographed and accompanied by information regarding history, facts and stats, and of course (in Lonely Planet style) how to get there, there’s something old that you’re bound to find new in this marvellous tome.
The World’s Great Wonders features:
- Hardback, 256 pages.
- Covers twenty Natural Wonders of the world, such as Mt Everest, the Giant's Causeway, Death Valley and the Great Barrier Reef.
- Also covers thirty Man-Made Wonders, including the Panama Canal, the Terracotta Warriors, Machu Picchu and the Taj Mahal.
- Wonders are accompanied by information on their formation, which includes graphs, timelines and illustrations.
- Each wonder is accompanied by "Getting There" and "While You're There" details, if you plan on visiting them.
- Spectacular photography throughout.
Dimensions: 25 x 19.5cm.