Luigi Bormioli is more than your average glassware… Since the 1940s,
they’ve been focusing on great design, traditional Italian
craftsmanship, and modern glass-making technology, resulting in glassware
that looks as clear and elegant as crystal, but retains the strength
and durability of everyday glass.
Just as there exists an art to wine tasting, so too is there an art to
beer tasting – but not a lot of people know this! Often associated with
bloke-y types, beer is experiencing a resurgence of late thanks to an
appreciation for craft beer, and right on time to ride this trend comes
Luigi Bormioli’s Birrateque Craft Beer collection.
Alright, so cider isn’t really a type of beer…but it’s still deserving of a fine glass set. Great for emphasising particular ciders’ flavours, aromas and sweetness, these glasses work just as well as a technical tasting instrument as they do casual glasses for the home.
Birrateque Cider Glass Set features:
- Made in Italy.
- Made with Luigi Bormiolo's ‘SON.hyx’ glass formula for ultra clarity.
- Glass is totally transparent and will remain so for over 4,000 industrial dishwasher cycles.
- Distributes the beer more widely across the mouth, not just to the centre of the tongue.
- Allows beer to flow slowly into the mouth avoiding any turbulence, so that you can perceive all the gustatory and aromatic elements.
- Grip helps to avoid heat transfer from hand to beer.
- Maintains the foam at an adequate level when drinking. This inhibits the oxidation of the beer and ensures its flavour.
- Recommended for the following beer varieties: Baltic Porter, Irish Dry Stout, Milk Stout, Oatmeal Stout, Oyster Stout and Bock.
- Presented as a pair in a Luigi Bormioli box.