The year 1830 in France was a year of social upheaval; a constitutional monarchy was created after days of civil unrest, street riots, and violent protests. Seemingly half a world away in the same year, in a very different setting – in a Normandy village called Villedieu-les-Poêles – Mr Ernest Mauviel created the Mauviel manufacturing company.
Villedieu-les-Poêles was known as “the city of copper”, and would prove to be the birthplace of one of the most elite cookware empires that professional chefs ever encountered. Since its early years, Mauviel has had one foot in the professional market, and the other within the commercial market, with their elegant designs and unrivalled quality ensuring their long and proud history.
Mauviel’s Les Essentials Cookware Set is the perfect embodiment of many things: history, professionalism, beauty, and superior craftsmanship. Comprised of eight cookware pieces from across five Mauviel ranges, this cookware is crafted from copper, stainless steel, carbon steel and anodised aluminium – making it a versatile and durable cookware collection for passionate cooks.
Le Essentials Cookware Set features:
Care and Cleaning:
- Made in France.
- M’heritage 150s Casserole Pot is made from 90% copper, with an interior layer of 10% 18/10 stainless steel and riveted stainless steel handles.
- M’stone3 Frypan and Saucepan are made from anodised aluminium, with an Eclipse non-stick coating and stainless steel handles.
- M’steel Frypan is made from carbon steel, with a natural interior non-stick coating and a riveted cast iron handle.
- M’cook Stock Pot, Frypan and Pasta Insert are made from five layers of metal – magnetic stainless steel on the exterior, an aluminium layer between two aluminium alloy layers and aluminium layers, and an 18/10 stainless steel layer on the interior.
- Includes a tempered glass and stainless steel lid that is designed for use on the M’cook Stock Pot and Pasta Steamer, as well as the M’heritage Casserole Pot.
- Copper conducts greater heat than any other metal, which means it heats faster and more evenly than many other cookware types, and offers superior cooking control.
- M'cook cookware features a 2.6mm thickness for even heat distribution.
- Suitable for most cooktops, including gas, electric and halogen, and suitable for use in the oven.
- M’stone3 and M'steel cookware is suitable for use on induction cooktops.
- Beautifully presented in a wooden storage crate, branded with the Mauviel name.
Special Care Tips:
- Due to the heat conductivity of this cookware, only low to medium heat is required.
- Recommended for use with wooden or plastic utensils.
- Clean after each use to maintain a polished look.
- Hand wash only, and polish when desired.
- Copper cookware requires a little more TLC than other types of cookware. Copper will darken and tarnish with use and age, so to maintain its warm glow, you can polish M'heritage 150s with special copper cleaner.
- Also, note that acidic foods will also tarnish your M'heritage 150s cookware.
- Prior to first use, clean the M’steel Frypan with very hot water to remove the beeswax from the interior and wipe clean with a paper towel. Then heat the pan and season it with flavourless oil for five minutes, and repeat once more.
- Also, note that the M'steel Frypan will darken with use, creating a naturally non-stick surface.
- The handles of M'heritage 150s, M’cook and M’stone3 are made from stainless steel, and will become very hot when placed in the oven. Make sure you use an oven mitt when handling them.
- 20cm M’heritage 150s Casserole Pot.
- 14cm M’stone3 Saucepan.
- 24cm M’stone3 Frypan.
- 32cm M’steel Non-Stick Frypan.
- 22cm M’cook Stainless Steel Stock Pot.
- 20cm M’cook Glass Lid.
- 30cm M'cook Stainless Steel Frypan.
- 20.5cm M’cook Pasta Insert.