The year 1830 in France was a year of social upheaval; a
constitutional monarchy was created after days of civil unrest, street
riots, and violent protests. Seemingly half a world away in the same
year, in a very different setting – in a Normandy village called
Villedieu-les-Poêles – Mr Ernest Mauviel created the Mauviel
Villedieu-les-Poêles was known as “the city of copper”, and would prove
to be the birth place of one of the most elite cookware empires that
professional chefs ever encountered. Since its early years, Mauviel has
had one foot in the professional market, and the other within the
commercial market, with their elegant designs and unrivalled quality
ensuring their long and proud history.
Mauviel’s M'héritage collection is the perfect embodiment of many
things: history, professionalism, beauty, and superior craftsmanship.
This elegant cookware collection shimmers in a gorgeous combination of
copper and stainless steel, which ensures fast heating and even heat
once the desired temperature has been reached, for the ultimate in cooking
control. Immensely durable, M'héritage is absolutely stunning high-end
cookware that will stand the test of time.
Mauviel – simply magnifique!
M'héritage Saute Pan features:
Care and Cleaning:
- Made in France.
- 2.5mm thick outer layer of 90% copper and an interior layer of 10% 18/10 stainless steel.
- Triple-riveted, cast iron handles.
- Copper conducts greater heat than any other metal, which means
it heats faster and more evenly than many other cookware types, and
offers superior cooking control.
- Highly durable construction.
- Stainless steel interior preserves the taste and
nutritional qualities of foods and is easy to clean.
- Suitable for most cooktops, including gas, electric and halogen, and suitable for use in the oven.
Special Care Tips:
- Due to the heat conductivity of copper, only low to medium heat is required.
- Recommended for use with wooden or plastic utensils.
- Clean after each use to maintain a polished look.
- Hand wash only, and polish when desired.
- Copper cookware requires a little more TLC than other types of
cookware. Copper will darken and tarnish with use and age, so to
maintain its warm glow, you can polish M'héritage with special copper
- Also note that acidic foods will also tarnish your M'héritage cookware.
- The handles of M'héritage are made from solid bronze, and will
become very hot when placed in the oven. Make sure you use an oven mitt
when handling it!