“Frank Hornby: the boy who made $1,000,000 with a toy.”
These are the first words in what could be called The Meccano Story.
In 1898, Frank Hornby invented a toy for his two sons using nuts, bolts and other random parts, and the boys’ imaginations were awakened. Meccano still specialises in creating realistic vehicles today, and both adults and children all over the world get fired up playing with Meccano Maker Systems.
Build, re-build and create with this Tower Crane Kit! This set contains everything needed to build a fully functional crane with electrical motor, working suspension, moving arms, pulleys and more. Use the included remote control to operate the crane and move loads weighing up to 450g at one time!
Everything needed to build the Tower Crane is included in the kit, but don’t let the step-by-step instructions limit your child. The same Meccano parts can be used to build absolutely anything at all, all that's needed is a little imagination!
Tower Crane Kit features:
- Recommended for ages 12 and up.
- Made in France.
- Includes a 6V motor to power your creations!
- Working gears, pulleys, belts and more.
- Includes over 1700 parts, tools and building instructions.
- 1 x remote control included.
- Requires 3 x AAA and 4 x C batteries (not included).
- Pieces are housed in a Meccano box.
Assembled Height: 90cm