The human brain is a masterpiece of nature.
Complex and mysterious - every brilliant scientific discovery, every work of art, every novel ever written is a product of this natural marvel, and the knowledge contained within it. Menu's newest design, part of their Designer's Cut series, takes the familiar form of a human head - and playfully creates a design which is sure to become a fixture of your home.
The Knowledge in the Brain bookends by Danish designer Karim
have a startling beauty and simplicity - two halves of a human head bust form the two bookends. Within each half, a cross-sectional chamber design places the position of the brain and paints it in gold - an allusion to the value of our individual knowledge.
Encasing all your favourite books, these bookends not only look glorious, elegant and contemporary - they add gravity to your mantle or shelf - an homage to the human intellect.
There's one thing for sure... it doesn't take a brainiac to appreciate great design.
Knowledge In the Brain Bookends features:
- Designed in Denmark.
- Made from rubber coated stone resin.
- Designed by Karim for Menu.
- Interior of both halves feature a chamber where the human brain would ordinarily be - this cavity is painted with luminous gold paint.
- Beautifully presented in a Menu gift box.
- Please note: the books shown in the image above are for illustrative purposes only and are not included.