Located in New York City, the Metropolitan Museum of Art (also referred to as The Met) is the largest museum in the United States and one of the most visited museums in the world. Its collection showcase from classic paintings to works from Ancient Egypt, with highly famed pieces from the likes of Rembrandt, Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso and more, to have been exhibited there.
The Metropolitan's collection of Islamic art, dating back as far as the 7th Century, reflects the great diversity and range of Islamic culture. Their collection is Islamic carpets are particularly special, and the carpets are considered some of the finest in existence, with intricate, geometric patterns and a rich colour palette.
Featuring reproductions of some of the most renowned Islamic carpets from The Met, including Fragments of a Pashmina with Pattern of Lattice and Blossoms
, Star Ushak
, and more, these glass magnets have been made from thick glass with a magnetised backing, so you can pop them on your fridge, and appreciate these iconic works every day.
With all proceeds from Metropolitan Museum of Art products sold going directly back into the museum’s programs, you will have a hand in preserving history, while enjoying these pieces of functional art, for many more years to come.
Carpets Glass Magnet Set features:
- Made from thick glass with a magnetised backing.
- Can also be used as stunning paperweights.
- Each of the six magnets feature a different reproduction of famous Islamic carpets from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Reproductions include: Fragments of a Pashmina Carpet with Pattern of Lattice and Blossoms, Star Ushak. Pashmina Carpet with Pattern of Scrolling Vines and Blossoms, Fragments of Pashmina Carpet with Pattern of Lattice and Blossoms, Carpet and Pasmina Carpet with Pattern of Scrolling Vines and Blossoms.
- Presented as a set of magnets in a gift box.