Located in New York City, the Metropolitan Museum of Art (also referred to as The Met) is the largest museum in the United States and one of the most visited museums in the world. Its collection showcase from classic paintings to works from Ancient Egypt, with highly famed pieces from the likes of Rembrandt, Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso and more, to have been exhibited there. .
Developing in Paris in the 1860s, Impressionism is considered to the be the first recognisably modern movement in panting. A relaxed style that did not rely on realistic depictions of subjects, Impressionism was defined by the artist's expressive brushstrokes, vivid colours and innovative use of light. Artists such as Vincent Van Gogh, Monet and Cezanne led the charge, and captured the spirit of the Impressionist movement in their paintings of picturesque floral bouquets that were both striking and evocative.
Featuring reproductions of some of the most renowned paintings from the Impressionist movement, including Vincent Van Gogh's Oleanders
, Claude Monet's Chrysanthemums
, and more, these glass magnets have been made from thick glass with a magnetised backing, so you can pop them on your fridge, and appreciate these iconic works every day.
With all proceeds from Metropolitan Museum of Art products sold going directly back into the museum’s programs, you will have a hand in preserving history, while enjoying these pieces of functional art, for many more years to come.
Floral Impressions Glass Magnet Set features:
- Made from thick glass with a magnetised backing.
- Can also be used as stunning paperweights.
- Each of the six magnets feature a different reproduction of famous Impressionist artworks.
- Reproductions include: Vincent Van Gogh's Oleanders, Paul Cezanne's Still Life with Apples and a Pot of Primroses, Vincent Van Gogh's Irises, Claude Monet's Chrysanthemums, Claude Monet's Bouquet of Sunflowers and Vincent Van Gogh's Roses.
- Presented as a set of magnets in a gift box.