There are few museums in the world that so well-known and loved, that they develop a nickname.
Known to most as “The Met”, the Metropolitan Museum of Art is the
largest art museum in the United States, with a permanent collection
inclusive of two million pieces; from Ancient Egypt, right up to modern
times. And it doesn’t just include paintings – there are also historic
fashion displays within its walls, too.
Charles James was known as “America’s First Couturier”, and was renowned
for his highly structured aesthetic and many famous silhouettes that
remain in our fashions today. His dresses in particular are timelessly
elegant and beautiful, and this Beyond Fashion Note Card Set showcases them spectacularly, showing a scene of fashionable ladies taking tea in a lavish room. Paired with decorative lined envelopes and printed on quality card stock, these note cards are perfect for unexpected correspondences between friends.
While you may not be able to get a hold of an original Charles James
dress, you can at least add a sense of luxury to your everyday life with
Beyond Fashion Note Card Set features:
- Reproduction of photography by Cecil Beaton of Charles James' dresses, taken from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Printed on quality card stock.
- Includes twelve blank note cards and twelve envelopes.
- Gold-patterned, lined envelopes.
- Presented in a Metropolitan Museum of Art gift box.
Dimensions: 17 x 12cm.