Since its establishment in 1929, the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York has been heralded as one of the most influential modern art museums in the world, with highly famed pieces from the likes of Vincent Van Gogh, Salvador Dali and Claude Monet, just to name a few, to have been exhibited there.
MoMA has played a vital role in developing and collecting modernist art, with their collections offering an overview of modern and contemporary works of architecture, painting, sculpture, photography, electronic media, and more.
American Designer Peter Hewitt’s collaborative designs with MoMA showcase a dramatic contrast between material and shape. This popular series of vases gives resonance to everyday materials with innovative and simplistic designs that complement the beauty of the flowers that they hold.
With all proceeds from MoMA products sold going directly back into the museum’s programs, you will have a hand in preserving history, while enjoying a piece of functional art for many more years to come.
Square Ribbon Vase features:
- An original design by Peter Hewitt, exclusively for the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
- Made from anodized aluminium ribbon sandwiched between 3/8” plate glass walls.
- A curved metal band, designed to hold water and support flowers, is suspended securely within parallel walls of plated glass.
- All proceeds from the sale of MoMa products goes directly back into the museum’s programs.
- Hand wash with warm soapy water.
- Presented in a MoMA gift box.
Dimensions: 17cm (w) x 21.5cm (h) x 4.5cm (d).