Hand blown glass has been produced in the Orrefors region of Sweden for more than two and a half centuries, where, against a backdrop of wild, deep forests and open glistening lakes, the first Orrefors glassworks was built.
It was their unique glass figurine engravings which won them the Grand Prix medal at the Paris World Exhibition in 1925 that cemented Orrefors as a leading pioneer in the glassware industry. Almost 90 years on, this same ingenuity of Swedish craftsmanship is unmatched.
For designers like Erika Lagerbielke, there is no greater love than injecting her knowledge of glassware and their affinity with various drinks into every piece of Orrefors stemware.
Her Intermezzo collection with its characteristic blue drop embedded in the crystal won her accolades. Handsome and ultra-classic, the refractions in this Old Fashioned Glass stand to attention. The satin drop is seemingly suspended within the crystal, a trick of the eye that can only be achieved by skilfully rendering the crystal with brilliant clarity.
Whiskey, brandy or scotch, enjoy your spirit of choice with Orrefors Intermezzo Blue.
Old Fashion Tumbler features:
- Made in Sweden from fine quality crystal.
- Designed by Erika Lagerbielke.
- Bluedrop is seemingly suspended within tumbler base.
- Ideal for serving spirits like whiskey, brandy and cognac with ice cubes.
- Wide brim and thick base ideal for mixing non-liquid cocktail ingredients with a muddler before adding alcohol.