We love everything homemade, home-grown, and made right here in Oz. And the folks at Otto & Spike do, too!
For over forty years, Otto & Spike have been knitting and weaving in Brunswick, Victoria – and while most other textiles producers have ventured off-shore, Otto & Spike remain, knitting everything from dandy socks to ties, scarves, beanies and much more. If you can put it on your head, your feet or around your neck, Otto & Spike make it with pride especially for their chilly hometown.
And while a picnic in winter may not seem ideal to many people, Otto & Spike’s range of McFadyen picnic rugs make them possible all year round! This gorgeous rug has been knitted from very durable 100% Shetland wool, and is also lined with nylon so that you can lie it down on the grass and not have it damaged. There’s a bunch of classic tartan colours to choose from, and each rug includes carry straps that can be wrapped around it, making your trip from the car to the picnic site easier.
Snuggle up or lounge about on this rug, and revel in an entirely Australian piece of handicraft.
McFadyen Picnic Rug features:
- Made in Melbourne, Australia.
- Knitted from 100% Shetland wool, with water-resistant nylon underside.
- Includes fabric carry straps for easy transportation and storage.
- When you receive your picnic blanket, it will be packed flat with its carry straps. Simply roll it loosely and slide the straps over the picnic blanket, and you're ready to go!
- Dry clean recommended if required.
Dimensions: 160 x 160cm.