The wine glass has a long history, stretching back through centuries untold.
Thirty years ago, Claus Riedel revolutionised the wine glass, with the
realisation that the shape of a wine glass has a profound effect on the
way you experience the wine inside. The aroma, the balance, the
taste…every aspect of your wine is enhanced when the right glass is
used. This simple idea completely changed the glassware industry
A unique glass brings out the best in every wine – that’s what sets Riedel glassware apart.
The ‘O’ Series was one of Riedel’s most revolutionary wine glasses ever –
but now it’s time to welcome the new generation. Big O is the name
given to this updated wine tumbler series, made from non-leaded glass
and grape varietal-specific; use these tumblers correctly, and you’ll
experience wine in an entirely new way.
Designed to deliver the classic olive aromas of shiraz and syrah, these Big O Syrah Tumblers are based on the bowl shape of the Vinum XL Shiraz glass, and thus are interchangeable between several wine varieties. Stemless, these tumblers may not be conventional, but they’re the
perfect way to enjoy the world of wine.
Big O Syrah Tumblers feature:
Care & Cleaning:
- Machine-made in Germany.
- Made from non-leaded glass.
- Grape-varietal specific: using these tumblers correctly will
prove they are not simply glasses, but tools for wine enjoyment.
- Stylish, stemless design.
- Recommended for syrah, shiraz, grenache and more.
- Dishwasher safe.
- All Riedel glassware is dishwasher safe, and has been tested by Riedel to ensure a longer lifespan when washed in this manner.
- If you do need to wash your Riedel glassware by hand, wash the glass under warm water with detergent and rinse the glass very carefully.
- To avoid any staining of your Riedel glasses, you should wash them using only soft water – that is, water with a low mineral content. If stains emerge, you can use white vinegar to remove them.
- Avoid scratches to your glassware by not allowing your Riedel glasses to come in contact with any other glasses or metal.
- Polish your glasses using two towels, and avoid holding the glass by the base – this could case the stem to snap.
- Keep your cleaning towels clean as well, in order to avoid rubbing any grease on to your Riedel glassware. Wash your cleaning towels at boiling temperature, without linen or fabric softener.
- Store your glasses away from other items with a strong odour, as this can taint the glass and in turn your wine.
Code Number: 0414/41.