The wine glass has a long history, stretching back through centuries untold.
Thirty years ago, Claus Riedel revolutionised the wine glass, with the realisation that the shape of a wine glass has a profound effect on the way you experience the wine within. The aroma, the balance, the taste…every aspect of your wine is enhanced when the right glass is used. This simple idea completely changed the glassware industry forever.
A unique glass brings out the best in every wine – this simple idea, coupled with the use of supreme quality materials, sets Riedel glassware apart.
Let your heart flutter for Riedel’s Heart to Heart collection. These stunning new sets are the ultimate for Riedel lovers as they represent not only great value and will accentuate the taste and drinking experience of your favourite pinot. What's not to love...?
The Central Otago Pinot Noir Glass was developed in 2013, when Georg Riedel hosted a sensory workshop for 11 wineries in the Central Otago region of New Zealand. These glasses have been fine tuned to highlight wines from this region, and are completely unique from other Riedel Pinot Noir glasses, as they accentuate the aroma and taste of the region’s typical fruit-forward and intense mineral flavour profiles.
Heart to Heart Central Otago Pinot Noir Set features:
Care & Cleaning:
- Machine-made in Germany from lead crystal.
- Recommended for: Central Otago Pinot Noir.
- Presented as a set of four in a Riedel gift box.
- Please take in to consideration the text “Buy three, get four" on each Heart to Heart box.
- All Riedel glassware is dishwasher safe, and has been tested by Riedel to ensure a longer lifespan when washed in this manner.
- If you do need to wash your Riedel glassware by hand, wash the glass under warm water with detergent and rinse the glass very carefully.
- To avoid any staining of your Riedel glasses, you should wash them using only soft water – that is, water with a low mineral content. If stains emerge, you can use white vinegar to remove them.
- Avoid scratches to your glassware by not allowing your Riedel glasses to come in contact with any other glasses or metal.
- Polish your glasses using two towels, and avoid holding the glass by the base – this could case the stem to snap.
- Keep your cleaning towels clean as well, in order to avoid rubbing any grease on to your Riedel glassware. Wash your cleaning towels at boiling temperature, without linen or fabric softener.
- Store your glasses away from other items with a strong odour, as this can taint the glass and in turn your wine.
Code Number: 5409/67