The wine glass has a long history, stretching back through centuries untold.
Thirty years ago, Claus Riedel revolutionised the wine glass, with the
realisation that the shape of a wine glass has a profound effect on the
way you experience the wine inside. The aroma, the balance, the
taste…every aspect of your wine is enhanced when the right glass is
used. This simple idea completely changed the glassware industry
Riedel’s ‘O’ Series revolutionised the wine glass and set a global trend by removing the stems and bases – but still it left nothing lacking! It only encouraged Riedel to approach wine glass design from a new direction; and the same thing can be said for something as simple as their water carafe.
Launched in 2012, this carafe was the first of Riedel’s to be designed specifically for water, with a unique silhouette resembling an elongated bubble and a clean-pouring lid. Just as concerned about the taste of your water as they are about the taste of your wine, Riedel also added a compartment to the lid to hold lemon or lime, flavouring your water as it’s poured.
Dare to be different, and find out what makes this stunning, completely unique collection so special!
'O' Series Water Carafe features:
Care & Cleaning:
- Machine-made from glass, with a stainless steel and rubber lid.
- Beneath the lid is a compartment for holding lemon and/or lime, to flavour your drink as you pour it.
- All Riedel glassware is dishwasher safe, and has been tested by Riedel to ensure a longer lifespan when washed in this manner.
- If you do need to wash your Riedel glassware by hand, wash the glass under warm water with detergent and rinse the glass very carefully.
- To avoid any staining of your Riedel glasses, you should wash them using only soft water – that is, water with a low mineral content. If stains emerge, you can use white vinegar to remove them.
- Avoid scratches to your glassware by not allowing your Riedel glasses to come in contact with any other glasses or metal.
- Polish your glasses using two towels, and avoid holding the glass by the base – this could case the stem to snap.
- Keep your cleaning towels clean as well, in order to avoid rubbing any grease on to your Riedel glassware. Wash your cleaning towels at boiling temperature, without linen or fabric softener.
- Store your glasses away from other items with a strong odour, as this can taint the glass and in turn your wine.
Code Number: 0414/13.