The wine glass has a long history, stretching back through centuries untold.
Thirty years ago, Claus Riedel revolutionised the wine glass, with the realisation that the shape of a wine glass has a profound effect on the way you experience the wine inside. The aroma, the balance, the taste…every aspect of your wine is enhanced when the right glass is used. This simple idea completely changed the glassware industry forever.
A unique glass brings out the best in every wine – that’s what sets Riedel glassware apart.
For the true wine lover comes Riedel’s new Vinum XL collection. These big, beautiful glasses share the same stunning good looks and suave shape as the rest of Riedel’s Vinum range. The difference? They hold much more wine that your average wine glass…which, when it comes to enjoying wine, is definitely a good thing...
V is for Vinum XL…and Value, too! Introducing Riedel’s amazing new “Pay 2 Get 4” Pack. Just like the name says – you get four top-quality Riedel glasses (including two Vinum XL glasses, and two stemless O Series glasses), while only paying for two! It’s that simple…
Vinum XL Cabernet & O Series Chardonnay Set features:
Care & Cleaning:
- Vinum XL glasses machine-made in Germany from over 24% lead crystal.
- O Series glasses machine-made in Germany from non-leaded glass.
- Sold as a set of two Vinum XL glasses with two bonus O Series glasses – making four glasses in total!
- Presented in a Riedel gift box.
- All Riedel glassware is dishwasher safe, and has been tested by Riedel to ensure a longer lifespan when washed in this manner.
- If you do need to wash your Riedel glassware by hand, wash the glass under warm water with detergent and rinse the glass very carefully.
- To avoid any staining of your Riedel glasses, you should wash them using only soft water – that is, water with a low mineral content. If stains emerge, you can use white vinegar to remove them.
- Avoid scratches to your glassware by not allowing your Riedel glasses to come in contact with any other glasses or metal.
- Polish your glasses using two towels, and avoid holding the glass by the base – this could case the stem to snap.
- Keep your cleaning towels clean as well, in order to avoid rubbing any grease on to your Riedel glassware. Wash your cleaning towels at boiling temperature, without linen or fabric softener.
- Store your glasses away from other items with a strong odour, as this can taint the glass and in turn your wine.
- 2 x 960ml Vinum XL Cabernet Sauvignon Glasses – 26.5cm.
- 2 x 320ml O Series Chardonnay/Viognier Glasses – 9.5cm.